Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Foray into Gardening

I recently acquired a decorative bucket of grass. It looks fairly similar to this: 
Althought mine is cuter.
 
 
AHH! Not that cute!
Anyway, grass seems like it would be fairly easy to care for, right? I mean, it grows everywhere and seems to do fine with people walking all over it and just gets watered and cut every now and then. Well, neglect may work fine for your lawn or sidewalk crack variety of grass, but bring it inside in a bucket and suddenly I feel obligated to tenderly care for it.

When I first received the grass, I may have caressed it a little bit (it was super soft, okay?!), which I thought was harmless, because it's grass. (I am aware that some may see this as a lengthy description of a marijuana plant, but I promise it is for realz just regular grass. Like the stuff in the picture.) The next day I looked at it, and not only had it seemed to have grown an unruly two inches overnight, the tips were brown and there were some limp blades that looked very sickly. I don't know if it's because I was touching it the night before, or if it needed water, or sun, or hates me, but I gave it a trimming and water, and it kind of looked better. But not a whole lot. I looked at it again today and there were more grosso pieces, so I watered it again, but now I'm afraid I may have drowned it because I got a little overzealous with the water pressure.

It shouldn't be hard to care for a bucket of grass, but it also shouldn't be hard to care for an ant you stuck in a bug catcher, which I did once when I was 4 years old, and failed to notice the ant was smaller than the air holes and apparently loved his freedom more than the snickerdoodle crumbs I gave him.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment